This is an analysis of the poem His Best Qualities that begins with:
When is a fool a bigger fool than normal?
When he decides being just a normal fool, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabcXcXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10010101110 11011010101 1011010100 1100100 1011001000 010011100100 10100010 100100100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 292
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; fool is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word when is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of His Best Qualities;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Straight
- Analysis of Which One Is Left To Experience Regret?
- Analysis of Left To Win Their Arguments