This is an analysis of the poem Get On Mama's Wrong Side that begins with:
Take opportunities to appreciate Mother Nature.
Hasn't 'she' encouraged your development? ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXX bbXXcXabca
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,10,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110100001011010 10101010100 101001010111 010111001100010 10101011 1101001101 11001 110110 0101 1101 1100111111 111011 11001111010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 155
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 13
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; your is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Get On Mama's Wrong Side;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Those Who Pray And Fake Faith
- Analysis of Isn'T It Ironic
- Analysis of Close By But In Disguise