This is an analysis of the poem Fixed Within It And Will Not Leave that begins with:
The thought of it is easy to read.
That is the intent....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXbc adXaba beaXXc aadeXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010001001 10001 10010100 1111 00111 101001 1001101 11011100 10010 11001 1010111 1111101 1001101110 01 11001101000 1111 010110101 111001 00011 10101011 1110011110 1110 11111001101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 167
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 23
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, it are repeated.
The author used the same word and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Fixed Within It And Will Not Leave;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.