This is an analysis of the poem Faith Unbroken that begins with:
The 'true' unemployment numbers...
Will stun those awaiting the percentages, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aab aaccac dbbbEFF dXgdhd caXg eacabc aiXjahjiXXEFF
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,6,7,6,4,6,13,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01101010 01101000100 0010010 010001010010 11010011001 01010 01001 1111010 11110010 001000001010100 010010010 11011001010 0010101110 1010 0101110010001 01 111100100 0011010 1110110 110101010100 01001010001 00100 11101101010 00101010101 1110100111 11011110101 100101000100 010001001010 100011101 010001 10100100 00101010001 101100101110 11010101101 0101111111110 10111 101 01010110100001 1010010001000 0101011 0101011 1010 0101110010001 01
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 192
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Faith Unbroken;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Nothing Natural About It At All
- Analysis of Slot Me Not To Peg In Fields
- Analysis of He's Everything!