This is an analysis of the poem Slot Me Not To Peg In Fields that begins with:
Slot me not,
To peg in fields......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABAC DEABE aXa DEABE feXb DEABE XcXb dbfX DEABE ABAC dEABEXbeEABE
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,5,3,5,4,5,4,4,5,4,12,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111 0101 0100110 0010111 11 0110111 110 1110 001 11100101 01110 010101011 11 0110111 110 1110 001 100010 01101 1111011 11011 11 0110111 110 1110 001 111 0111 101 1111 11 1110101 11010 0100010 11 0110111 110 1110 001 111 0101 0100110 0010111 111 0110111 110 1110 001 1101111 1 0110111 110 1110 001
- Amount of stanzas: 12
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 90
- Average number of words per stanza: 18
- Amount of lines: 54
- Average number of symbols per line: 19 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word crowd at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Slot Me Not To Peg In Fields;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.