This is an analysis of the poem Confessions that begins with:
I'm suppose to be cool,
With your confessions made......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaccc XadXeeXXde
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,10,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 001001 010101 0010010 011010011 1101010101 11111111 101001011 11111010011 1111010100 01101010 11100100101010 101011001 01110100010001 0111110010110 10011111 111111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 202
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, you, your are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Confessions;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Besieged With Sickness
- Analysis of With A Wish For Themselves To Get
- Analysis of Consequences All Must Face