This is an analysis of the poem With A Wish For Themselves To Get that begins with:
Given the keys and pointed to doors,
That those keys would unlock......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abc dXe add facfgeeee X HDebaXeI X fbcgedae XXHDI
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,9,1,8,1,8,5,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 100111001 111101 01101010010 1000010001 010001100101 0111101 0100010 110110101 010100011001 1010111 101001011 100110010010 001101 101001101101 001011110100101 11 011101010101 111001101001 11111101 101111001010010 000101011100011 11010100101 00111010111 001110101101 10100001010011101 001010001001 10011010111001100 1110100010101001 1 1100111001001 1101010101001000110 110100111010001001 100011101111 01001111010 10010011001010 110101101 11111101 101111001010010 000101011100011 10011010111001100
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 184
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, they, their, them, and, with are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of With A Wish For Themselves To Get;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Consequences All Must Face
- Analysis of Always There For You
- Analysis of Surface With A Purpose