This is an analysis of the poem Chased Away that begins with:
Deplored as horrible.
Despicable and pessimistic....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXaaXX aXabXbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic trimeter or irregular meter
- Metre: 011100 010011010 100110 100001 010101 0100 11 1 11101 011111 0010010 101001 011011 01010101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 159
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 22 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Chased Away;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of We Cry And Sigh Our Denial Laced Alibis
- Analysis of Façade
- Analysis of There Is A Realization That Has Come