This is an analysis of the poem Back In The Days Of My Youthful Glow that begins with:
Both sympathy and empathy I understand,
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdcX bbefd afgc Xhafii gjXjXea hX aXaeaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,5,4,6,7,2,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110011001101 0100 11011011 11110111 0 1101111 1011010100 1011011010 1 1001101 0011101 111101 11101001 001011100 101110111 110 10010010100 1111010 00110011 010101000 01011101 1001 11100101 111111101 01111 1 11101 10101111 10011 00101110 1 100101101 100111101 010111 01001011111 01001110
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 145
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Back In The Days Of My Youthful Glow;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Still Nonbelieving
- Analysis of Casting One's Own Shadow
- Analysis of A Delivery Of An Accepted Life To Live