This is an analysis of the poem Still Nonbelieving that begins with:
How long can nonsensical wars go on?
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbc XXbXX Xdce XcX cdXac eXXac
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,5,4,3,5,5,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110100111 101 1111001010 1101000001 1101 0110101011 1 1111010001 01001110010 1001 010111001 1010101 100111 1111000 11 1010101 01010 1110100100101 11110101 1110010101010 01100100100 110111110101 1101111010 1010011001 101001010
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 113
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Still Nonbelieving;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Casting One's Own Shadow
- Analysis of A Delivery Of An Accepted Life To Live
- Analysis of No Clue What Keeps Them Established