This is an analysis of the poem Allergic To Those Dishonest that begins with:
I've never followed shadows,
To sit and watch my battles......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaa aab cbdeecdd fXffffc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,8,7,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101011 0111110 1111110 1101110 11001010 111011011 111011101 11010 1101110101 1010 101001010 0010101 1010011100 11 1110101 010100111 0101 010100111 11011110101 01101111101 01001001010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 161
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my, to, i are repeated.
The author used the same word i've at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Allergic To Those Dishonest;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of An Entitlement One Receives
- Analysis of Only God Knows
- Analysis of Much More Fascinating