This is an analysis of the poem An Entitlement One Receives that begins with:
To stroll through one's life,
Avoiding patience as a need to accept......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabcbbac ddccbX cdddXcabbb X c aaX bX dX X X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,10,1,1,3,2,2,1,1,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 01111 01010101001 100101010 101000101 11101011 0101101 111111 1000100101 111101000101 01010001 10101100101 101101101001 01001100 1101010101 1000110101011 01010110100101 1101011 1010000100111 0110000010110 0101000001001 10111111 10101110110 010100101 101001001100 110111110 1110011 110100 11010101 101000101100 1101111100010 11101 111010 0101110101 11011011111 110111
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 133
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 35
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of An Entitlement One Receives;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.