This is an analysis of the poem With Arms Outstretched that begins with:
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXabXcXXdefagefefhahfXdccXbXeeeghX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 35,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0 1100 1101 01111111 00100110 10101 01 1 00101 010001010 10010100010 0011111 0101 01 01 1111 010010010 10101110 00011001 1010 1 1 1010 10101010 01010101 110111 111 10 100 0100010 01011101 011010101010 111010100 110101 11
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 751
- Average number of words per stanza: 129
- Amount of lines: 35
- Average number of symbols per line: 20 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of With Arms Outstretched;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.