This is an analysis of the poem Choices that begins with:
i prefer smooth peanut butter
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abCde XbCbXb fXggfhif ddiXcdXXdjcXj XccXdcaeXXaXdghkdkd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,6,8,13,19,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10111010 010 11 10011 11011 1011101 0110 11 110010 101111 1101110 10110 0100 11100101 01100 1010011 01101 110101 110110110 10111 011 110110 1101100100 11010101 001111 11101 1111101010 111 11100101 111 011101 1111101 101101 1111 111 110101 101001 10101011 110010 11 10001101 001000 1010 11011010 110011 01010 10010110 01110 110010 011 101101010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 225
- Average number of words per stanza: 44
- Amount of lines: 51
- Average number of symbols per line: 21 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, i are repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines meat is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Choices;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.