This is an analysis of the poem Hymn To Love that begins with:
We are thine, O Love, being in thee and made of thee,
As théou, Léove, were the déep thought... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abac dbdc efef gfgf hbhf Xbhf dfdX afic jkjiXakai
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111110011101 1110011 110100111011 11001110 1111110100 1110011 1011010111 1101010 11110101001 0110011 1101110001 1101010 1001011011 1110011 1101110101 1101010 1101100101 0110011 01110010101 1100010 11001110110 1111011 0101101101 1101010 1111110101 1110111 1011110001 0101000 10110010111 1110111 11110100100 1101010 11011101001 1110011 1101011111 0101010 11111010001 1110111 0101000101 1101110
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 167
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; we, thought, of, love, s are repeated.
The author used the same word yea at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Hymn To Love;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.