This is an analysis of the poem Vision X that begins with:
There in the middle of the field, by the side of a crystalline stream, I saw a bird-cage whose rods and hinges were fashioned by an expert's hands....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X X X X X a X a X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001000110100101111011111100101110101101011100100110110010101001111100010010110100010010011010110100101011010101110 11011101111110110110101010101010001001110011011101010110001001101 01111101110000010100101100011111000111110100100100110111010101011000101100101 1011010101001011101000101111 100100100010110100111100100100110 1000001010101110100001010010101010101110110100010 1010110101000110010110101001001101011001001101111110010010 11111111001000101010101101 111111011101010101110
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 208
- Average number of words per stanza: 38
- Amount of lines: 9
- Average number of symbols per line: 208 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 38
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and, in, i, bird, by, that, from, water, cage, field, stream are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word in is repeated.
The author used the same word in at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Vision X;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.