This is an analysis of the poem Time Xxi that begins with:
And an astronomer said, "Master, what of Time?"
And he answered: ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X X X a b X X c c a X aXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110100110010100 1110 11101010001001010 110111011001010110010010110 0111101011111111010 101001001011000 111101010110010110011 11111110101011001010111011001001 1011111101001010 11111111011100100101000101101111011101101011 10111011010101100 100111110100101110010101010 1101010100101010010
- Amount of stanzas: 13
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 84
- Average number of words per stanza: 15
- Amount of lines: 13
- Average number of symbols per line: 85 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 15
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, that, you, of, love, not, thought, to are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, you are repeated.
The author used the same words and, you at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Time Xxi;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.