This is an analysis of the poem Joy And Sorrow Chapter Viii that begins with:
Then a woman said, "Speak to us of Joy and Sorrow."
And he answered: ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X a b c d e e c d b X f a d bXf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101011001011100 1110 11011001 10101011101011011011 111100 0101101001100111101 010111110101111001010 10101111100101111001 111101100111111001011110110101011 1111001010111111101111011110101 10111001011001101101000100 1111011101000 010111111010111101010100010111 100110101101110111 101111011111110 101010110101101011111110111
- Amount of stanzas: 16
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 79
- Average number of words per stanza: 15
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 79 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 15
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; your, and, that, you, say, sorrow, when are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, when are repeated.
The author used the same words and, when at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Joy And Sorrow Chapter Viii;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.