This is an analysis of the poem A Poet's Death Is His Life Iv that begins with:
The dark wings of night enfolded the city upon which Nature had spread a pure white garment of snow; and men deserted the streets for their houses in...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a a X X XXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,1,1,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0110110001001110110111001110100111100101101110101001010101001011111001001110101000101011010110101011101010110011101010100110100010111110101010010010010011110110101101001010110101011101010011001010 11101000100010010111100101001001010010010110111011101001010011110010101011101011110101001001100 1110011111101110110100101110011110101101110010001001110011001101100101001010100100101001011 11110110011101011110111000101111100100111110101011011011101001101000010001010110111010110111100110001000111110111111101101110111111001101010111110111011111111010010111010110100101011111101010 110110010100111010101010010110100010101010111101111111010010010101011111001111101010010010110100110110111101101010110100100 100010101000100100010100100110101010100100001100100010110100110010100110110110111001100
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 514
- Average number of words per stanza: 95
- Amount of lines: 6
- Average number of symbols per line: 515 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 95
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and, he, his, in, me, to, from, death, oh, come, as, which, for, my, not, upon, dark, life, had, who, i, by are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word he is repeated.
The author used the same word he at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Poet's Death Is His Life Iv;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.