This is an analysis of the poem Love 20¢ The First Quarter Mile that begins with:
All right. I may have lied to you and about you, and made a few
pronouncements a bit too sweeping, perhaps, and possibly forgotten...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbcdXe afgfgbhg hda dacg dXdde
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,8,3,4,5,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1111110110111101 01001110011100010 01010111 111100010111110 110011001011 11 100111 11100100101011101 1000010101 11001110010101001001 1001111011101101101 10111110100101 1100111110010011 010011001101101100101 1110011111101 01101111101 1011110100110011 101101010110011101011101 01011101111 1100111110101110111 101011101111101011 11011100101110111 11101010100111010 1001010101101110100 1001011101 11010101011011011 01101010010111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 319
- Average number of words per stanza: 58
- Amount of lines: 27
- Average number of symbols per line: 58 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, you, for, being, all are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words i, and are repeated.
The author used the same word because at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Love 20¢ The First Quarter Mile;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.