This is an analysis of the poem Evening Song that begins with:
Fold up the day. It was a bright scarf....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXab cdXbXef XXgh gcdidj jkfjj kegbd hjaibbijXjh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,7,4,6,5,5,11,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11 110101011 1001 11001010101 00100011100110 11111 1101110101 10001 101010010111 1100110100 110110111001 11 1110101111 1101001010 1101 010010001010 1101101110 111011 000011011111001 11111 11111110 10111 1010011010 111101 10111010010111 01000010 1110010 10010 11010010010111 1010010 1110101001 1101 001100011 0010100011101001 0011001110101101 110010110 100010001000111 0101 11111010011010011 11 1 101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 222
- Average number of words per stanza: 41
- Amount of lines: 42
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, of, be are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words sometime, be are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Evening Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.