This is an analysis of the poem Villanelle Of Spring Bells that begins with:
Bells in the town alight with spring
converse, with a concordance of new airs... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AbA abA abA abA abA abAA X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,3,3,4,1,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 100101001 1000100011 1101110111 10010100101 101001010111 100101001 10110110010 1001001010101 1101110111 110010001 1011101101 100101001 1001011111 0101010101 1101110111 1101011101 1010111001 100101001 1101110111 0101101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 121
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Villanelle Of Spring Bells;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.