This is an analysis of the poem Vergissmeinnicht that begins with:
Three weeks gone and the combatants gone
returning over the nightmare ground... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abba aaaa ccXd dbdb efefXbdbd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111100101 010100111 11010111 01010001 01010001 101001111 11111101 10100010 1100101 0100010001 111101000 00100101 11111010 100110011 111101010 11101101 11110101 11010111 01010101 10110101 11010110110 11110111 111101010 11010101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 136
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Vergissmeinnicht;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Keith Douglas
- Analysis of How To Kill
- Analysis of Simplify Me When I'm Dead
- Analysis of Aristocrats: 'I Think I Am Becoming A God'