This is an analysis of the poem Song Of The Student that begins with:
We are the power, we are the strength,
We the band of students. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXXb ccccddeffB bXbbddd fXbXagdB eeeXeebedd gccchghXgbb cXXdccbbXh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,10,7,8,10,11,10,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110101101 101010 0101110010 111111 0110101 1110010001 101101 11011 10100101 11100101 10010110011 01010 111101 111010111 10101 1101001 00111 1101 010100011 001001001010 1111011 1010101 110101110 1101011 101011010 1111111 1101101 1111 111110001 10101 010101011 101111010 111111 11001 1000101 01011 11011111 11110110 10011 10101110101 01100101010 1110010111 111111 10001010001 0110100100 001010 011010 0101101 01010 10110111 010101 11001010111 11111 0101001 1111111 1010101111 1010101 10101 0101 01010100
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 238
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 60
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; we, of, our, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words we, let are repeated.
The author used the same word we at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word class at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Song Of The Student;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.