This is an analysis of the poem Life that begins with:
An awakening pervades
The meadows and wilderness ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcded fff XgXgba ecchh X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,3,6,5,1,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010001 0111100 11110 10101 0100100 01011 010001 01001 1111101 0101 11001 1111 1111 1011 011 01010010 011000110 011010 10100110 1010011 01001001011001
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 107
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Life;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.