This is an analysis of the poem Seed that begins with:
From star to star, from sun and spring and leaf,
And almost audible flowers whose sound is silence,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXa bbXc caXcX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,4,5,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 01010110111 1111001011010 1001011010101 101010101 0111000101 11001100111 1011101101 0101010101 0101110101 1101001101 1001011101 1101000100
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 172
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, in are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Seed;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.