This is an analysis of the poem This Tattered Catechism that begins with:
THIS tattered catechism weaves a spell,
Invoking from the Long Ago a child... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXaabbacdcdcX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 0101010101 0100010101 11010111100 11000010111 1011011110 11010101101 1111010101 1111001101 1001010101 1001111111 0111110111 1101011111 1101010100 1101110100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 576
- Average number of words per stanza: 108
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of This Tattered Catechism;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.