This is an analysis of the poem Jerusalem that begins with:
AT last, at last the Crescent
Falls back before the Cross.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcdededededbebefdfdeXXXfdfdghghcdcd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 40,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111010 110101 1101010 010101 1001010 111100 1100010 010100 1101110 010101 0100110 0010101 1101010 110101 0111010 010100 11001010 110111 1101110 110100 11010100 110101 11010100 100100 0101010 111101 1111010 110101 1111010 110101 1001110 110100 0111110 010101 1100110 110011 0101010 0111000 1111010 100100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1037
- Average number of words per stanza: 176
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Jerusalem;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.