This is an analysis of the poem Playmates that begins with:
SUMMER fervors slacken;
Sumac torches dim;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcacaXdedeeeefefeeaeadgdgchch
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 32,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101010 10101 1101010 010101 1101110 10101 101010 10101 11001110 110101 101110 010111 0101110 10001 1101010 100111 1100010 101101 0101010 110101 0101110 1011101 0101010 110101 0111110 110111 1001110 110111 0101010 010111 1111010 111101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 841
- Average number of words per stanza: 143
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Playmates;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.