This is an analysis of the poem Job that begins with:
Worse than the boils and sores
and the stench and the terrible flies...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXXbc bXaadXb XdXcaXaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,7,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110111 101101001 101001 111110 1101010 1101 01110011010110 11101011 101111010 11011100011 101011110 0011111 111101110 1111001 01011010 101001001 1011001 10011100101 01101110110010 01101000111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 180
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Job;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.