This is an analysis of the poem Twenty - One that begins with:
Affectionately inscribed to my nephew, S. A.
Here is my hand, young kinsman,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X abcb dddd efaf ggcg Xhch Xaea
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0100001011010 1011111 100100 10111100 111101 11000101 1100101 01001101 01011 1001011 010101 11111111 1101001 01110011 010111 01011001 010111 1111110 110101 11011101 010101 11110111 1001101 110010101 111101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 109
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word a is repeated.
The author used the same word 'tis at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Twenty - One;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.