This is an analysis of the poem My Mother's Friend that begins with:
Lovingly Inscribed To 'Grandma Fulton.'
You wondered why my fingers clasped ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X ababbbcb ddXdcbcb bedeabfb ddXfdbfb XcdcXbXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1000101010 11011101 11001101 01001111 11111101 100100001 10110101 1111111 10011101 11010100 010010101 01111101 01011101 11010001 10111101 01010101 01000101 01010101 11111101 11010100 101100101 00111101 11011101 11010001 01000101 11000100 100100001 010011101 11010101 11011101 01011111 01110101 01011101 110001010 11000101 11010101 11000101 10111101 11111111 11100101 01110101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 246
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 41
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, in, of are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word friend at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of My Mother's Friend;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.