This is an analysis of the poem They Spoke In Whispers that begins with:
They spoke in whispers ; it was not
Because a crowd was nigh, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcaca dedefdgd hdfdcedX ididgbXb faXadhfh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010011 010111 11011111 010111 110101101 1101101 11010101 010101 11010101 110111 11011111 1101001 110111011 1101001 11110101 110001 10110111 110101 01010011 110001 11010001 111101 11111001 0101010 101101011 110101 11011111 010001 11011101 111111 110001001 111101 11110101 010101 10010101 110001 110101001 011101 11111111 010111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 269
- Average number of words per stanza: 47
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; that is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words that, they, might are repeated.
The author used the same words they, or at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of They Spoke In Whispers;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.