This is an analysis of the poem A Welcome To Mrs. Frances D. Gage that begins with:
I wait thy coming, honored friend,
With tenderness and tears, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcccb bbdddb Xeeeee caeeea fdcccd baeeea XXggXf hghhhg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11110101 010011 110010101 11110111 01001101 010100 11110101 011101 01110101 01001111 11110101 010100 010011101 111101 110010101 11110101 11101111 110101 01110101 010101 01010101 01000101 11011101 100101 01010111 111101 111111001 11011101 11010111 0100101 11001101 110101 01110111 01010101 01001101 011101 010010101 101100 111101010 010101010 010100110 011111 11110101 0101010 11010001 11010111 01010001 0101010
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 199
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, its are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words of, the, awaits, to are repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word years at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Welcome To Mrs. Frances D. Gage;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.