This is an analysis of the poem Buick that begins with:
As a sloop with a sweep of immaculate wing on her delicate spine
And a keel as steel as a root that holds in the sea as she leans, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXXc XXcba XdcdX eddeX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101001001001101001 1011110111001111 101101110101111 11101001001101011 1010111111001011 11101111001011001 11011011101011001 101111001110010 11101001001001001 11100100101101001 111001100101011101 1111010100111011 1110101101101001 1101111001001101 1111001100111101 11111001101001111 101001011001001001 1110100111111101 1010010110101001 111101111001011001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 346
- Average number of words per stanza: 65
- Amount of lines: 23
- Average number of symbols per line: 60 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; as, and, you, my, your, of are repeated.
The author used the same word as at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Buick;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.