This is an analysis of the poem Going To School that begins with:
What shall I teach in the vivid afternoon
With the sun warming the blackboard and a slip...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXabXccdXXd efeefeggecce
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,12,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11110010101 00110011101 011011 1001110001 1011010101 10110100 01010010001 0111010111 0001010101 1101010110 0110111001 11010010001 1101010101 1101110111 100101 11010101001 0111110101 11010111 0001011111 11011101011 0101010101 1111001101 11111101001 1111110101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 473
- Average number of words per stanza: 89
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Going To School;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.