This is an analysis of the poem Mother that begins with:
You're always finding ways to amuse Yourself....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aX aabccdXccae XXcXXXd ccbeX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,11,7,5,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10 11110100110 1011010 1101010 1101001 10110001001 011101111 1110 011011 1101 1100101 1110 100101001 1101010011000 100010010 110101100 10100 111010 111 11100 10101001 1011001100 011101 100101 00101010000
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 178
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word you is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Mother;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Kamalakanta Bhattacharya
- Analysis of The Black Bee Of My Mind Is Drawn In Sheer Delight
- Analysis of Is My Mother Really Black
- Analysis of O Kali