This is an analysis of the poem The Black Bee Of My Mind Is Drawn In Sheer Delight that begins with:
The black bee of my mind is drawn in sheer delight
To the blue lotus flower of Mother Shyama's feet,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaXXXaXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 011011010101 0011010010101 01100010101001 1000110100010 110111111001 1011010100100 110101110001 1100001110001 1100101011111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 464
- Average number of words per stanza: 88
- Amount of lines: 9
- Average number of symbols per line: 51 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, black are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Black Bee Of My Mind Is Drawn In Sheer Delight;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.