This is an analysis of the poem Willie's And Nellie's Wish that begins with:
Willie and Nellie, one evening sat
By their own little cottage door;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcXbdeX XfXXcXcX fXgbhbXX XaXaXbcX fbgbfdXX cehhhXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101101101 11110101 110111001 110101010 101101011 1100001 11011101 110110110 1110101011 11111011 11111011 11111111 111110101 1101111 111110111 0111101100 1001101001 101011010 110101101 11000111 111101011 0101111 010010100 11101100 1101011010 11001001 11010010 101111011 111010100 10011111 110101101 1101110100 1101010101 11001101 110101101 11111101 11010111 1100111 010110110 110110110 101001101000 01111101 111011101 01010011 111011111 10101010 000010101 0101110100
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 296
- Average number of words per stanza: 56
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; home, to, would, her, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words he, then are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word ' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Willie's And Nellie's Wish;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.