This is an analysis of the poem Unfortunate that begins with:
Fold her hands upon her breast,
And let her sweetly sleep.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aBaa acac deXe Xcdf XcXf ghghXhBhb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010101 110101 1110011 010101 01011111 110111 01010111 1010101 1110111 111101 01011101 010101 1010101 0010101 1110101 100101 1101101 010001 1111001 1011111 1101111 01101 1010101 001111 1010001 110101 1011111 010101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 118
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her, she are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Unfortunate;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.