This is an analysis of the poem Lost And Found that begins with:
In a southern city lived a wealthy family;
In a southern city was the happy home... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcd ddcb edcb cfef edXb cdeb XdXB XdXb eddB gbad cdabXcdgb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0010101010100 00101010101 0010110101010 0110101101 1110101100010 110100111 1010100101010 101101001101 01010101110 1010111101 11010100010010 1100111001 0101011011010 1100111100101 110101101010 11111011101 1101011011010 00101000101 100110110101 01001010001 1101111010010 1111101101 11111111010 1110011101 110011010100 111010010101 11011110101010 011010010101 1110101111010 11101110111 0010111101010 011011110101 00101011101010 101011101 1101011100010 011010010101 11011111010 1111000101 11110100010 100101010001 010110010010 0101101001 1111001100010 011010010101 1101010010010 111010101 101001010101111010 111010010101
- Amount of stanzas: 12
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 192
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 47 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in, and, little, he, his, she, her are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words in, and, the are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word home at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Lost And Found;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Julia Ann Moore
- Analysis of Minnie's Departure
- Analysis of The Brave Page Boys
- Analysis of Willie's And Nellie's Wish