This is an analysis of the poem Dear Love, Do You Remember? that begins with:
Dearest one, do you remember,
As we sat side by side,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbXdXeafefcXXX aeadacac aghghcac
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10111010 111111 11111111 110011 11111010 110001 01101110 10011101 11111010 011101 1111110 0111001 10111011 1010101 11110010 111110 11101010 011101 11110110 010101 11111010 111111 11100010 111111 10111010 011111 1101111 111111 1111011 110101 11101110 1011101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 313
- Average number of words per stanza: 64
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; me, you, and, love, we are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Dear Love, Do You Remember?;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.