This is an analysis of the poem In a Foreign Country that begins with:
Have these faces come from my memory
and have these gestures touched earth, or sky?...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXbXXcaXbcb X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110101100 111101111 00101111001 001101101 11001011111 0010101101111 1011100011 100101110101 1001110111 101111110110 111010011101 1001000111111 0101101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 288
- Average number of words per stanza: 53
- Amount of lines: 13
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of In a Foreign Country;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.