This is an analysis of the poem Figures that begins with:
I shuffle faces like cards
in spite of myself, and all...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXabcbdXXaXXcbXcbbXdXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 22,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101011 0101111 110101 11001 1111001 011101 11101 101011 11110 110101 101001 110111 01001 11111 111010 010011 00101 1001010 1111 111101 0101101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 251
- Average number of words per stanza: 50
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word i is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Figures;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.