This is an analysis of the poem The Street that begins with:
I DID not wish to come into this street.
My heart, to be contented, needed now...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a XbbaXcX aade abfebXcbeedebeXaffeaaXdbeba X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,7,4,27,1,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1011010001 1100010101 0101001001 1101010101 0101010100 1101010101 1100010111 1110010101 1101001111 1101110111 1111011101 0111110111 1101001110 1101101101 111000100110 1111000101 1111111101 101010100101 0101110101 1101010101 110100101110 1101110111 11010101011 10110101010 1100010101 0101001111 0101110111 1101011101 0101000101 0101000101 0101010101 1101010111 10110101111 01010111110 1101010101 1101001101 1001110111 1101010111 1111010100 01011010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 333
- Average number of words per stanza: 62
- Amount of lines: 41
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, all, so are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words too, so, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Street;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.