This is an analysis of the poem Ang Magandang Parol (The Beautiful Christmas Lantern) that begins with:
Isang papel itong ginawa ng lolo
may pula, may asul, may buntot sa dulo; ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX aaXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101010100110 110110110110 110100110010 1101100100010 11010011000 1101100100100 11011101110 110000110100 110010011100 110110101000 111010100110 1101101110 110100101000 11010110110 110100110000 10101101010000 10110011011 110100110010 10100011010 10011011010 101010110010 101010110010 101000110100 101011001001100
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 151
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; may, ang, nasa are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words at, nasa are repeated.
The author used the same word kung at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase nasa connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Ang Magandang Parol (The Beautiful Christmas Lantern);
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.