This is an analysis of the poem The Violet that begins with:
Thou tellest truths unspoken yet by man
By this thy lonely home and modest look;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcdefefgg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: Shakespearean sonnet
- Metre: 1101010111 1011011101 1111011101 1101010101 0100111101 01010011101 1001010101 0101000101 0111110111 010100101001 11111101100 1101110001 1111110111 1101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 625
- Average number of words per stanza: 117
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Violet;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.