This is an analysis of the poem He Gave Me No Meat that begins with:
My brother, I am hungry,—give me food
Such as my Father gives me at his board;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaababacdcdaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1101110111 1111011101 1111000010 1101010101 1111010101 11001111111 0010011101 1111001111 1101010111 1111010101 0111010101 111110111 1111010011 1001011111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 590
- Average number of words per stanza: 126
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; me, of, thee are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of He Gave Me No Meat;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.