This is an analysis of the poem The New Man that begins with:
THE hands must touch and handle many things,
The eyes long waste their glances all in vain; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababccccbdbdee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 0111110101 0111110101 0111010101 10101011101 0111010111 1111010111 1111010101 01010011011 11110101010 1101010101 11110101010 1001111111 1111010101 110101011111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 666
- Average number of words per stanza: 122
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 47 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The New Man;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.