This is an analysis of the poem Love that begins with:
I asked of Time to tell me where was Love;
He pointed to her foot-steps on the snow,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababcdcdceceff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: Shakespearean sonnet
- Metre: 1101011111 1100011101 1101010001 1111011101 11001010101 1101010101 110100101001 01010101001 11111010101 1111110101 1101011111 1101010101 1101110001 011111010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 634
- Average number of words per stanza: 119
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; on is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Love;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.